.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 14, 2014

5 Year Age Gap

Well, it's official. I'm not pregnant this month, which you would think I'd be used to by now, but it was a little harder to accept this time. When we first started trying last year, I honestly thought we'd have a new baby in our house and I'd be home on maternity leave right now.

I keep reminding myself of the lesson God is showing me; that His timing is perfect and He has a plan for our family.  At some moments it's hard to remember this, but I remind myself to be thankful for Logan and his health and know that we are doing everything we can to grow our family.  

At the fear of sounding superficial, this cycle was our last chance for a 2014 baby.  This means that our kids will be at least 5 years apart.  I know people have kids everyday with bigger age gaps than this and I probably shouldn't have this thought, but it is something I think about.  Again, when we started dreaming about adding to our family, I imagined our kids would be 4 years apart just like my brother and I are.  The 4 year age gap seemed perfect.  Logan would be in school by the time a new baby came, he would be more independent and self sufficient, and thinking long term, we would only have one in college at a time. I know with them being 5 (or more) years apart we will have those same benefits, I just hope it doesn't put too much distance between them.  I know we can't see the future, but I almost wish we wouldn't have waited to long to start trying for another baby.  

Alright, enough with the boo hooing...It's time for my big girl panties and time for move forward.  
I am looking forward to calling Dr. Hasty's office tomorrow to schedule my bloodwork and ultrasound appointment and trying to figure out what this crazy body of mine is doing, or maybe what it's not doing.  

Check out this awesome smiley face Logan drew the other day.  I think it's pretty darn cute!




No comments:

Post a Comment