.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Now We Wait

We had the second screening last week for Babies Can't Wait, the program we are using to get Logan evaluated for speech therapy services.  The woman came out and asked us another 30 minutes of questions, and gave us more information about the program.  We have his team evaluation set up for January 11th.  They only do them on Wednesday mornings, so of course there was a little bit of a wait. 

She explained that there will be a team of 3 or 4 people in the room with us and they will do a play evaluation with Logan and observe and interact with him to gather more data.  After the evaluation, the team will meet to determine eligibility and let us know before we go home. 

I am a little nervous about it, but at the same time, I am happy to hear what they say.  As I've mentioned before, I'm a worrier, so this will give me some reassurance either that he is fine and we need to just wait it out or that he needs a little help and we know what to do to allow him to be successful with his expressive language.

So, for now, we are just going to keep trying to get our little guy to talk to us, and patiently wait for January 11th.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with everything. I know I'd be worrying like crazy so I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete