.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 7, 2013

Praying for a Christmas Miracle




I can't believe it's already been two weeks since the d and c. I had my follow up appointment with my doctor last week. It was a pretty uneventful appointment. He did a quick exam and he said that everything looked good. Unfortunately, he told me that we would need to wait two full cycles before trying to get pregnant again. I kind of expected this, but I was really hoping he would say that we could start trying after my first cycle. 

I have physically felt fine, and thought I was doing very well emotionally. My doctor said the pathology report they ran on the tissue came back normal and he said there is no reason we wouldn't be able to get pregnant again soon.  He also said that just because we had this miscarriage doesn't mean we are any more likely or any less likely to have one again. He repeated that 1 in 5 pregnancies end in miscarriage. I feel like I'm ready to try again, and I still have faith that God will bless us with a baby when the time is right. After that talk and hearing him tell me we would have our baby soon brought the sadness and tears back for a little bit.

I'm praying that my cycles return to normal and it will be two months and not much more. If we are lucky enough and my body cooperates, that would put us trying again right before Christmas. 
Time seems to be at a stand still, but I am trying not to get hung up in this. I went running yesterday, and I'm trying to make the most of this time to focus on being healthy and being the best mom for Logan.  I am really trying to remind myself that, although it seems like a long time, it is only 2 months. I know there are some people who don't have the opportunity to get pregnant, and they would kill to just have to wait two months. 

I am very lucky to have such a supportive husband who has been so amazing through this. My hormones have been a little wacky over the last few weeks and he's been such a trooper and loved me through it all. 

So, as Logan begins to write his Christmas Wish List, I think I'll get out an extra piece of paper and put down my one and only wish this year...a sweet little miracle we've been dreaming about for so long. 



No comments:

Post a Comment