.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bubble Boy!


Looks like we're breaking that bubble back out and zipping Logan back into it for a little longer. 
Logan starting a runny nose on Monday, which we were hoping was simply a little cold and would quickly go away.  He seemed to be about the same last night when I put him to bed, but was awoken by a horrible sound around 11:45.  Logan was crying and by the time I got to his room he was gasping for air.  I scooped him up and tried to calm him, but he was in hysterics and it seemed to me that he couldn't get enough air in as he was breathing.  It was probably one of the scariest times we experienced.  I quickly had Chris get Logan's nebulizer out and we tried to do a breathing treatment on him to see if that would help.  In a panic, I called Mimi, and she told me to go into the bathroom and run a really hot shower.  After about 20 minutes, I finally got Logan calm enough to relax and the shower seemed to help him be able to take deeper breaths and cough.  I could hear Logan wheezing, and his cough was very barky.  I knew we were in for a trip to the doctor in the morning.  I brought Logan to bed with me, but there wasn't much sleeping for either of us after that.  The poor baby could hardly breath from all drainage and the tightness in his chest.  We made our way back to the steamy shower about 5 more times and spend several hours rocking in his room.  Needless to say, I was pretty tired this morning.  Although it killed me to leave him, I decided to go into work, since I knew Chris would be home with him.  Of course, today of all 190 days at school, I got my ONE annual observation.  Luckily, I think everything went well, despite going on just a few hours of sleep.


The doctor said that Logan had croup, and was still wheezing so to continue the breathing treatments 3 times a day.  (Have you ever tried giving a 1 year old a breathing treatment....it's not very easy)  She gave Logan an oral steroid and said it may be a few days before he's back to normal.  Logan also received the official title of having childhood asthma today.  The clinical diagnosis is having three or more episodes in one year.  Not the best title to win, but I know there could be worse. 
Logan is sleeping in his crib as we speak, and has already had a few coughing spells.  Here's to hoping he starts feeling better and Mommy gets a good night sleep!
Little Dennis the Menace!  Even when he's sick, he's still so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment