.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 14, 2011

Busy Mommy - Busy Bee

I sort of feel like I've been in a blender lately.  I rush to get up, get ready, and get to work.  I rush all day at work, most days shove a handful of pretzels in my mouth while working though "lunch", and then rush out of the building as the buses are leaving in hopes to get home to spend some time with Logan.  Once I'm home, I do the normal mommy things, clean up from the day, start laundry, tidy the house, all while trying to spend some quality time with Logan.  Once he goes down at 7:30, I chow down dinner and get started on everything I didn't get finished at school that day, which usually ends around 9:30, when I'm having to pry my eyes open with toothpicks!  Needless to say, I am counting the days until Summer, when I can truly relax and not have to worry if I have everything copied for the next day or whether I remembered to bring macaroni noodles for the language arts lesson. 

Amongst all this craziness, I had a HUGE surprise last week.  I was nominated into the top 5 finalist for Teacher of the Year.  I was up against four other fabulous teachers, and after an observation and interview figured I was so lucky just to have made it that far.  The announcement for the winner was going to be made at our staff meeting last Friday afternoon.  All five finalist were asked to sit up front while they made the ammouncement.  To my complete surprise....I WON!!  I couldn't believe it.  I remember standing up to get my flowers from my principal, and then I remember her pointing across the room and telling me to look.  When I looked up, I saw my ENTIRE family walking in.  Chris, Logan, my brother, my Dad, my Mom, my mother and father in law, and my grandmother.  Somehow, they had been contacted by my assistant principal and had kept the secret for over 24 hours!  I was truly shocked and it was an absolutely fabulous afternoon! 
These are not great pictures, but here's a few that my brother took:

The boys waiting and playing dominoes in the parent resource room

Suprise!
I don't know who was happier, Logan to see me, or me to have Logan!
Mrs. Rhodes ( my fabulous assistant principal)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations! What an honor! That is so sweet that your family was able to be there for it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. Congraulations! Logan was excited to see his mommy and proud of her too.

    ReplyDelete