.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

14 Months!



Well, I am happy to say....we have a walker!  I don't know if it was being around his older cousin, Mackenzie, this weekend, or what, but Logan has decided he likes this walking thing and has become very brave!  He was actually trying to wiggle out of my arms to get down.  If you have seen Logan near his Mama, you know he always wants to be picked up, so this is a big step for us! 
I ended up postponing his physical therapy appointment, and decided to give it a few more weeks since he started to walk some without shoes and I was noticing less tip toeing.  I'm glad I waited and I really think he is right on track and I will just continue to watch him and discuss it with the doctor next month to see if there is still a concern.

Logan's little personality is continuing to bloom!  He loves saying, "No" to us.  He certainly knows what it means and it's nice that he can tell me if he doesn't want something.  Tonight when I went to get him out of the bathtub, he told me no and insisted on playing chase in the tub.  He thought it would be funny to crawl from one end of the tub to the other trying to "escape" from me; all while shaking his head no and squealing.  It had me laughing out loud! 

Logan is finally feeling better and he is back to his normal eating and sleeping routines (Thank goodness!).  He is eating like a little piggy!  He is pretty much eating anything we give him, and still loves watermelon and fruit!  He is nursing two times a day, once after school and right before bed.  He definitely tries to sneak in more sessions on the weekend when I am home with him. 
I'm not sure where I am with weaning.  I guess in my mind, I thought Logan would wean himself, but the degree of attachment he has with my chest, is quite extreme.  I think I am going to set my deadline at 18 months if he hasn't self-weaned by then. 

I have been singing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" for months to Logan and he has always loved the song, and just last week he finally started doing, well trying to do the spider move.  It's really cute!  Another funny thing he does is hide things under the couch.  He sticks a ball under the flap and then looks at you smiling as if to say, "Where did it go?"   Then he sticks his arm under and digs around until he finds it and pulls it out. M

Mama, Dada, Shasha, as well as a plethora of other unrecognizable sounds are still pouring out of his mouth.  Logan has started saying Night, Night.  He says it after his bath and we when go upstairs to read before bed.  We are practicing lots of words each day and hopefully we will start hearing more. 

I can't believe it has been 14 months since we welcomed this sweet baby into our lives.  His beauty and innocence can bring tears to my eyes, his daily discoveries allow me to shine inside and his little antics leave my belly hurting from laughter.  We are so blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment