.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Big Boy = Big Changes!

It hurts a little to report this, but we are on day 3 of possible weaning.  Logan has (for a while now) learned to lift and pull at my shirt to look for "the goods".  I always said, once he could do this, I would know it was time to wean.  So, with some a good bit of protest from Logan, we are trying to wean.  He has decided that nibbling on my arms, neck and tummy when I won't let him nurse is a way to show me he is frustrated.  His little chompers hurt, so I've had to be pretty firm in telling him No Biting!  I am just playing it by ear, but looks like this is where we are headed and I think it's the right time.  I know I have said it before, but I am so glad that nursing worked so well for us.  I wouldn't have had it any other way! 


"EEHHHH!!  This is the face and sound I get when he starts getting frustrated with it.
Another big change is that we found the perfect place for Logan to start a Mother's Morning Out / Preschool program in the Fall.  Mimi and Pops took Logan by the church today and they were very happy with it.  It is very close to our house and Logan seemed to have a wonderful time visiting and meeting the teachers today.  We decided it would be a good idea for Logan to be around other children.  While we have the IDEAL childcare situation, he doesn't have much interaction with other children.  I'm very excited for him and I think he will just love being able to play with other kids. 
Here are two pictures that Mimi took today. 
Logan checking out his future room.  Of course, he found Elmo!
Checking out the gym, today was their end of the year Field Day Celebration
Logan is so lucky to have such an amazing Mimi!  Yesterday, I had to stay at school until 8:00pm and I didn't think I was going to be able to see Logan all day.  Since I leave the house around 6:00am, I don't see him in the morning.  Luckily, Mimi was able to go to her office near my school and brought Logan to me for a few hours after school.  Just seeing his sweet face made my day so much better and having to stay at school didn't seem so bad.  Then, Mimi took him home for his bath, books and bed.  It was the first time in his life (474 to be exact) that I had not put Logan to bed.  :(  I was a little worried, since he also hadn't nursed, but he did great ( and Mommy and okay, too!)

My handsome Dude!
Big boy, riding on his truck!

No comments:

Post a Comment