I keep seeing other bloggers with their lists of New Years Resolutions, and I guess it's time to jump on board. I normally don't formally create New Years resolutions, but I thought it might be neat to post them here and hopefully, I will remember to come back to this post throughout the year to see how I'm progressing. Maybe this is more like a To Do List for the year. Here's what I have come up with so far (no particular order):
1. Lose some weight....blah, blah, blah....I know this is on almost every one's list. I really do need to. I've had great success with Weight Watchers in the past... maybe it's time to start it again.
2. Revamp my resume and begin the search for a school much closer to home. Not only for the sake of the cost of gas, but I would love to have the time I spend in the car with my son at home.
3. Try at least 2 new recipes each month. Doesn't sound hard does it?
4. Read at least 6 new books (for pleasure). Again, doesn't sound like a lot, but let's be honest when do I have time to read for pleasure?
5. Go on a few more dates with my husband. Do you know we have only been on 2 dates since Logan was born. Yes, I said 2. Yes, I'm serious! My family must agree with me on this one, since we received numerous dinner and movie gift cards for Christmas.
6. Get over my fear of leaving Logan in church nursery and go to church every Sunday. We haven't been going because the few times we've tried to leave Logan he FLIPS out!
7. Continue my couponing and other money saving techniques for my family. Although couponing takes a ton on time, I am very proud of the amount of money I save on groceries that I am able to spend on other things.
8. Try to get Logan to forget that his mom has 2 magical balls underneath her shirt! I swear, I'm going to have a 5 year old sticking his hands down my shirt as we walk into his kindergarten class! Aside from wrapping myself in ducktape everyday, I don't know what to do to make him forget they are there or realize it's not cool to pull your mom's shirt down in public or grab a handful while talking to the nice man at the UPS store. Yeesh!
I'm sure I could come up with more, but I think that fills my plate up! I better get off this computer and start getting some stuff done!