.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Selling Myself....

Can you tell when I get busy?  Probably because my blogging pretty much stops.  I have great intentions of sitting down and writing, but I haven't been able to make it to the computer for fun stuff.

I have been super busy getting ready for something that makes me so excited, yet nervous enough to make me want to yack!  I completed my student teaching at my current school 6 1/2 years ago and was hired on the spot.  I have made quite a comfy home at my current school, and I tend to leave well enough alone.  BUT...I drive about 40 minutes each way everyday and pass about 10 schools on my way to work.  I have been talking about moving over to Cherokee County for years, but since the economy has been so rough there has been no chance of moving schools yet alone counties in quite a few years.  Although I don't think it's great, I do think that if I want to try to make a move, now is my time. 
So, I have been spending the last two weeks, working on resumes, cover letters, printing and addressing envelopes, and filling out the application packet. 



I am happy to announce...everything is officially in the mail and on its way to 21 principals' desks.  So, I took a little break tonight, but starting tomorrow, I am working on a short introductory video to email with my resume to the principals in the next week or two, just to make sure I stay fresh on their mind.  :)

So, if I'm away from the blog a little more than normal, just know that I'm probably picking out a new interview outfit, pulling teaching artifacts to show off my teaching styles or standing in front of the mirror practicing how to "sell myself"! 

Please say a little prayer for me.  I can't even imagine the idea of being able to work so close to home!  What if I had an extra hour to spend with my little man everyday?  Oh that is magical just thinking about it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment