.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Tellus Museum

We had an open Saturday morning and decided to take advantage of Bank of America Free Museum days.  (If you have a BOA card, you can get into select museums FREE the first weekend of each month!)

I have taken my 3rd grade students to Tellus Museum a few times for the Fossil exhibit and I have to say, I have been so impressed every single time.  There is so much for to the museum, but I've never had a chance to explore.  After yesterday's visit, I am loving Tellus even more!  I was worried that Logan might be too young to enjoy it, but it was very hands on and had a whole section just for kids. 

Before we went, I told Logan we were going to see dinosaur bones.  He started crying and saying, "No dinosaur bones.  That scares me".  He acted very unsure on our 45 minute car ride, but once we were inside he was loving it and we had to literally pull him away from each exhibit. 

There is a planetarium that plays a Sesame Street show, but we didn't have time to see it this time.  We are planning to go back soon and I would love to see it!

Here are a few of our pictures!

Minerals that glow in black light!



Gold found right down the street from our house in Sixes Creek!


playing with magnets


Panning for minerals


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment