.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Homemade always tastes better


One of my many summer projects is to make some of Logan's baby food. While I was pregnant, I thought about how I would like to do this, and thankfully since I am home for the summer I have a little extra time to do it. I am not one of these, "all natural, no chemicals or preservatives for my baby" kind of people, but I do think that the fresh fruits and veggies have to taste so much better not to mention IT IS SO MUCH CHEAPER! While it is cheaper, it is time consuming. I have found that certain fruits and veggies go a LONG way while others (pears for example) make hardly anything. For most of the veggies, I have steamed them, and then used my handy dandy Cuisinart food processor () to puree them. I then store them in the little cups or in ice cube trays until they freeze then transfer them into freezer bags.


I'd love to say that I will make ALL of Logan's food, but I know that is a pretty lofty and unrealistic goal, especially when I go back to work. I will however, enjoy making his food for him for now, and use jarred food as I need to.


So far I have made and frozen: sweet potatoes, butternut squash, green beans, sweet peas, mangoes, apples, pears, peaches, bananas, and sweet potato/squash combo.


He has devoured two containers of sweet potatoes and two containers of green beans. We are trying squash tomorrow! I can't wait to see how he likes it...Who am I kidding?...He will eat anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment