.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

11 Months!



 

This post actually hurts a little to write.  Not because my hand is tired from grading 1,000 papers at school today, but because it hurts my heart to know that the next time I write a post like this, I will be writing about MY ONE YEAR OLD!!!  My little baby is rocketing himself into toddlerhood, although it is so exciting to see him growing, exploring, and learning, it makes me a little sad. 
I am so proud of my little man, and everyday he seems to do something new that amazes us a little more.  I know every parent feels this way, but I feel like we are so blessed and so lucky to have such an easy going and happy baby.  From day one, Logan has been such a joy and has brought nothing but joy into our lives.  I have the party plans underway (I'll save that for another post!), but I have to admit I went to pick out his first birthday card and I actually cried right there in Hallmark.  :(  I guess those mommy hormones haven't left just quite yet.

Weight:  23 lbs. 2 oz. He lost a little from being sick this past month and from all of his activity.  He is busy, busy, busy.
Length: 29 1/2 inches
Eating:  Logan is eating 3 meals a day and usually two snacks during the day.  He pretty much eats all the same foods as last month, which is almost anything we are eating.  He is still nursing three times a day, and gets one pumped bottle while I am at work.  I only have to pump 6 more times!!!!  After next Wednesday, I think I am officially retiring the pump!  I have about a month or two worth of frozen milk in the freezer and will hopefully introduce whole milk around the time I go back to school.  I still plan on nursing Logan until one of us decides it's time to stop.  I don't know if it was because he was sick the past few weeks or what, but he has become a little attached to me and the twins.  He seems content to nurse and then just hang out there for a while after, which makes getting stuff done around the house a little hard.  We've been trying to break this habit, but is a little extra snuggle time really that bad? 
Wearing:  He is pretty much in 18 month clothes.  He still can wear some 12 month clothes, but they are getting a little short in the legs.  We have a few more size 3 diapers and then we will officially move to size 4. 

Sleeping:  Let me start by telling you what has been going on.  Up until a few night ago, our little angel was waking up about 3 times a night, and because I knew he wasn't feeling himself, I would immediately go in, scoop him up and bring him to bed with me.  That lead to wanting to nurse every few hours and it also lead to an extremely exhausted mommy.  Now that we are all feeling better, we have decided to enforce the "Baby, you sleep in your own bed" law.  This however, involves the "I'm the worst mother ever" crying it out procedure.  We are on night three tonight and I have to say things are already looking up.  The first night, Logan woke up at least 6 times and cried for a while each time, but did eventually fall back asleep each time.  Last night, I think he only woke up 2 or 3 times and put himself back to sleep until I went in and got him at 4:45 to eat before I went to work.  Tonight I saw a huge improvement in going to sleep.  He lately, has been wanting to fall asleep on us and then we I go lay him down he has a fit.  Well, tonight, I rocked him and read him Goodnight Moon like normal, but tonight when I put him in the crib, he laid his sweet head right down, and didn't say a peep.  I was so proud of him!  Was it a fluke?  Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Social Skills / Talking:  Logan's little personality has started to shine this month.  He loves to wave bye bye to his Daddy and says, "Hey Dada" about a gazillion times a day.  EVERYTHING is da or dada.  He loves to laugh at himself and laugh when other people are laughing.  He also has figured out that he doesn't have to do things and will protest in a pretty extreme manner.  When he is finished eating, you better watch out because that means, he does not want another bite.  He has perfected the back arch and head toss, especially when he is sleepy. 

Motor Skills:  REI better get ready, because we have an explorer.  Logan has decided that once he sets his eyes on something, he is going to get it, even if that means having to crawl over things or wiggle his way through a tiny space.  He is walking everywhere with his push toys and standing against everything.  We are working with him to take steps, but he is very cautious and would rather plop down and crawl to what he wants. 


No comments:

Post a Comment