.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Well, Monday started great

I got home from work Monday and my mom had been over watching Logan for me.  She told me she was going to do our Christmas tree and a little Christmas decorating.  For the past four years, I have done our Christmas tree in a blue and brown theme, not very Christmasy, I know, but it matched the living room and I thought it was very pretty.  This year, we knew we wanted to do a very traditional red and green tree with a whimsical look.  My mom is an amazing decorator, so I knew she'd have some cute ideas up her sleeves. 
Left me just tell you, I was shocked when I walked into my house on Monday afternoon.  Let me just show you a few of the things she did in the few hours she was at my house, all while taking care of Logan. 
This is in our entry way


Garland going up the stairs

Over the fire place.  (G.G., we may need stocking to match Logan's new one) :)


Logan is obsessed with this!  The little tree behind Santa lights up and he loves to watch it.  He actually stood without holding on to anything for about 30 seconds the other night while watching the tree.

And last but not least....my favorite thing she did.....Our tree
I think it looks gorgeous!  We are so excited about the tree and it looks better than we even imagined it could. 

After my mom left Monday, we enjoy the tree and all the decorations for awhile.  I starting feeling a little sick around 6, but decided to make dinner thinking if I ate something I might feel better.  Luckily, Logan feel asleep early that night, around 7.  Not long after putting him down, the stomach bug attacked me.  Let me tell you, I have not been that sick in a long time!  I ended up sleeping on the bathroom floor.   It was horrible!  To make matters worse, **WARNING: TMI*** Aunt Flo decided to show her ugly face for the first time in almost 2 years on the same day!  Talk about feeling like crap!
 We think this horrible stomach bug started with our brother and sister and law and spread through our family like wildfire.  I was out of work yesterday and today, and poor Mimi and Pops caught it, too.  I thought maybe it had skipped Logan, but after being really fussy last night, I brought him into bed with us thinking that would calm him down.  Well, around 3am, he vomited all in the bed.  I threw Chris out of our bedroom and had him go sleep in the guest room.  Somehow,  by the grace of God, he has escaped this nasty beast, and we are trying to keep it that way.  I have spent the entire day, washing and cleaning everything in the house.  I always feel like I want to zip my family up into a little bubble after being sick.  I hate not being able to protect Logan from these viruses and colds.  At least I've been able to have a little extra snuggle time with my boo boo and hopefully we are pretty much over this.
We have to be well by Friday, because we are going to spend the weekend at Josh and Megan's with Melanie, Scott, and Jack.  Uncle Chris is finally going to be able to meet Jack.  Yep, finally after 7 months.  He is really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment