.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 20, 2012

Gone Fishin'

Josh and I drove over to Dad's lake house on Saturday morning with Logan and Mackenzie.  I think Dad had plans to get a lot done around the house and outside, but the weather had other plans.  It pretty much rained the whole time.  The huge lake, Logan's addiction to being outside (especially near water) and the rain made for a few tantrums, but we ended up having a nice relaxing weekend.  Dad doesn't have a TV or even a DVD player yet, so we had to entertain ourselves.  I have to admit I was a little nervous about keeping the kids busy, but they didn't even seem to notice.  We marched, colored, played recorders, ate, cleaned, read, jumped, ran, threw rocks, and so much more. 

It was so great to see my dad with his Grand babies at the lake, just like he has always dreamed about.

Playing the recorders
Sitting on the bar stools just checking out the lake

Our first family dinner at the lake house. (Like how I kept myself out of the picture?)

Bubble bath in the big bathtub

Logan would have stayed in this exact spot the WHOLE time if we let him.  He loved picking up the rocks and throwing them in. 

Get Set...

Splash!

This was right after he fell in.  Can you see his wet pants?

dirty hands!


fishing, but nothing biting

Kenzie and Granddaddy

Logan got a little upset, had one of his biggest fits to date, when I made him come upstairs from fishing and rock throwing.  It was so bad, I actually just let him flop around on the porch and Granddaddy tried to take a few pictures.  I was finally able to coax him inside so we could put some dry clothes on him.  I can't wait to take Logan back in a few months when it is warmer and let him throw rocks for hours and hours!



(This was right before the flop on the ground)

Baby Anna and Jack came over for a visit.  Isn't she beautiful?



Thanks Granddaddy for the fun visit and relaxing TV free weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment