.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hottest Dang Day of the Year!

Holy Moly!  I thought I'd have so much time on my hands this summer, but yikes, where has the time gone!  I'm going to try to do some catch up for what's been happening the last few weeks. 

Atlanta had some record breaking weather a few weeks ago, and one day it got up to 106!  Well, like Murphy's law says, on the hottest dang day, our A/C went kaput!  Not just broken, I mean totally, 100% DEAD!!  So after many curse words, lots of tears, several days of stress, my HERO dad came to the rescue and offered to help us out. 
We had to get our entire system replaced and just like he's always been there for me, my dad was there to help in one of our most desperate situations.  Thanks again Dad and thanks to everyone who allowed us to come hang out and cool off.  :)

(This was one of the cooler moments upstairs)


Luckily, my awesome husband finished our basement complete with bathroom, surround sound and toys.  We spent 5 nights camped out down in the basement with the window unit on full blast!  Although sleeping on the air mattress wasn't my idea of a 5-star accommodations, it actually was a little fun having all of us down there together watching movies and just hanging out. 

Logan's little bed, before he decided it was much more comfortable on the air mattress with us! 

We are the proud new owners of a beautiful new unit and it runs beautifully!!  I caught myself complaining to Chris the other night that it was too cold when I got into bed.  He gave my that are you serious look and I quickly remembered the days of hell and threw the covers over me as fast as I could! 


No comments:

Post a Comment