.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Imagine That!

For the last day of my summer, I decided Logan and I needed to do something fun, so we called up Aunt Hope and Daniel to see if they wanted to try out Imagine It, the children's museum that's in downtown Atlanta.  I have heard great things about it, but wasn't sure if the boys were old enough to enjoy it.  Well, let me just say this, if you live in Atlanta, have a child, and have not been you MUST go!  If you don't live here, you need to come and visit.  It's walking distance from Centennial Park, the World of Coke and The Georgia Aquarium. 

Take a look at the fun we had today!  I guess if I have to go back to work tomorrow, at least I know we had a blast today and I can think of his smiles as I am sitting through never ending meetings for 8 days! 

We got there a little early, so we headed to the playground at the park.  The boys had a great time while the mommies were dripping sweat! 


Once we finally made it out the sweltering heat and into the museum, we knew the boys were in for a treat.  There was fun every where we looked! 

We first stopped at the water play area.  They boys got all suited up in their raincoats, grabbed their fishing poles, and hit the pond! 




Next, we headed to the kitchen/grocery, and farm area.  If you know my son, you know he was in heaven!  Guess what he went straight for?  Yep, the microwave.



Logan spotted this cow from far away, and stomped right up to it, ready to check him out until the cow let out a, "MMOOOOOOO".  Then, my brave little cow hand, wasn't too sure about him.  (You could actually milk the cow!)  I know what you're thinking, and YES, I did milk him. 

Next up was play time for our little Picassos!  This was the first time Logan used paint, let alone a paint brush and paint tray.  Mr. Independent had to hold it himself, but I must say, he did a great job, besides trying to eat the brush! 


Obviously, Mommy helped with the name :)


 We had to bust out the awesome lady bug apron once Mr. Independent came out!  Surprisingly, we went home paint free!


I think we had our first real battle of tug of war over this piano!   The boys were hilarious trying to get to it.  When one would walk away the other would run over and start playing, which caused the first one to run back over!  Did the mommies go over and try to make peace or distract the boys?  A few times, but it was actually a little funny to watch them try to figure out how to share. 

There were so many more things to explore including balls and machines...

Train tables (which we had to drag Daniel from kicking and screaming.  The boy loves his trains!)

Sports uniforms and equipment

the alphabet

mystery holes with different types of balls inside

and so much more I didn't even get to take pictures of because I was busy chasing my explorer around! 

We had a great time and will certainly be visiting this place again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment