.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Removal of the Cast

We had Logan's appointment set for next Tuesday to get his cast removed.  That is also Logan's first day back to school after a two week break and I knew he would be exhausted.  I was also going to be by myself, so I was a little worried if I was going to be able to handle him alone if he freaked out.  I decided to call on Friday to see if they could squeeze us in a few days early and that way Mimi could go with us.  Luckily, they were able to get us in!  Over the last few weeks, we watched a video on YouTube several times of a little boy getting his cast removed in hopes that Logan would see the saw they use and see that it's not too scary. 
It must have worked, because he was so brave!  He sat right up on the table and let the nurse cut the cast right off.  I was shocked!  I fully expected him to flip out.  After the cast came off, they took him for an x-ray to see if another cast needed to go back on for 2 more weeks.  Thankfully, his arm was healed and the doctor said he did not need another cast!  I wanted to do flips!  I was thrilled! 
The doctor did tell us that he needs to be careful for the next 2-4 weeks so he doesn't reinjure his arm. 
We have his birthday party at a Bounce House scheduled for the end of the month, so I think he will be in the clear by then. 

Here's my big brave man getting his cast off!  (I think it's sideways)

No comments:

Post a Comment