.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

12 Weeks!

How far along am I? 12 weeks
Total weight gain/loss? at zero, back to where I started
Maternity clothes? I am still able to fit into my regular clothes, but I have some maternity clothes very close by.
Sleep? Sleeping stinks lately. I have been waking up every night around 2:00 am, and not falling back asleep until 5:00 am. I better get this under control before school starts. 5:15 comes really early!
Best moment this week? Hearing our little ducky's heartbeat out loud for the first time. It was the best sound I've ever heard. I feel like I can finally stop worrying so much, well for a little bit anyways.
How I'm feeling? Not feeling my best the past two days. I can't really eat at night. Breakfast and lunch seem to be fine, but around dinner time I start to feel yucky. My doctor gave me prescription prenatal vitamins, and I am wondering if that is making a difference. I have only been taking them for 3 days. Who knows??
Movement? Still to early to feel. I read I should start to feel him/her around 16-18 weeks. Not too much longer.
Fetal Doppler? Since the doctor had such an easy time finding the heartbeat, I figured I would give it a try yesterday. I picked up several readings. One was around 160's another was around 130's. I am going to try again this week. I think I heard the heartbeat again, but I read it could be the placenta.
Food cravings? Not much, the things that sound the best are carbs. Chips, crackers. I am on a fruit kick still. I tried to make a grilled cheese for dinner last night, and my tummy said, "NO WAY!"
What I miss? Eating a regular dinner
What I am looking forward to? Selling my car soon, so I can get my new car. I am also looking forward to 16 weeks. We are going to go to an independent ultrasound place that does gender ultrasounds at 16 weeks. My doctor won't do the gender ultrasound until 20 weeks. I am too impatient!
Milestones?At 12 weeks pregnant, the herculean task of developing new bodily structures is nearing an end as most of your baby's systems are fully formed. Now comes the maintenance phase, during which your fetus' systems continue to mature for the next 28 weeks and the organs get to work. Your little fetus weighs as much as half an ounce now, and the crown-to-rump length is about two and a half inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment