.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

9 Weeks! The baby is now a fetus!

How far along am I? 9 weeks :) Almost to double digits!
Total weight gain/loss? Still down 2 pounds from original weight
Maternity clothes? I went to Macy's and bought a few shirts and a pair of jeans the other day that were on sale, but I still am not wearing any maternity clothes.
Sleep? I am sleeping pretty well. I usually go to bed about 10:30 and wake up around 7:30. I feel really tired during the day, but still have not been able to nap.
Best moment this week? Framing the new ultrasound picture. I walk by it and talk to our little bean all the time.
Movement? Still too early for me to feel, but I have been reading that the baby is now moving it's arms and legs and even it's whole body!
Food cravings? Dole pineapple tidbits fruit cups. I went to Publix the other day and bought 24 of them. I love them! I am also loving french toast sticks for breakfast. Yummy! My pantry is getting pretty full because I keep buying things that sound good, but after eating it once I don't want it again. **knocking on wood** I still have not gotten sick, just had little short feelings of nausea. Hopefully that will continue :)
What I miss? Coffee...I guess that's it.
What I am looking forward to? Getting my "bump". I feel like I still am not showing at all. I am also looking forward to finding the heartbeat with the home doppler I ordered. I tried last night, but I think it is still too early.
Milestones? The baby has moved from an embryo to a fetus. It is about 1 -1 1/4 inches from head to rump. The head is more erect, and the neck is more developed. The baby now moves its body and limbs.

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing how much they grow from week to week! It took my doppler until about 12 - 13 weeks to pick up the heartbeat. I tried it starting at about 8 and I would find mine every time and get so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've gotta love the fruit and vegetable references for the size of the baby. I remember us chatting about how big Wyatt was each week using fruits as a guide. I remember when he was just a little blueberry...sniff, sniff. Just kidding- it's so awesome now that he's a watermelon. :) And don't get discouraged with your doppler- it took me until about 15 weeks until I could hear him..and mostly it was just movement. I could always hear his hiccups though- that was fun!

    ReplyDelete