.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 14, 2010

7 Months!


I know I say it every month and I will probably continue to say it, but I can't believe it has already been 7 months since I was holding my precious baby in the hospital for the first time.  I am so proud of him and the little man he is becoming!  It's crazy to see their his personality already forming.  We feel so blessed to have such a happy and easy going baby!
Logan is changing everyday and is about to take off crawling!  I keep meaning to get a video of him trying to crawl.  He gets up on all fours, rocks back and forth pretty quickly and will lift and move one hand forward, but hasn't figured out what to do after that.  I know it's right around the corner! 
Weight: 20 lbs 6 oz!!!
Length: 27 1/4 inches
Eating:  We are still breastfeeding and both still loving it!  I don't see a stopping point in the near future, so I think we'll keep going until one of us is ready to stop.  (Nothing crazy like 2 years or anything, but no sense in stopping something that is going so well.)  He has been trying to sneak in some late night snacks, which must stop now that I am back at work.  I made a "pumping station" at school in my closest, since there is really no where else to pump.  At the end of last year, I could just close my door and pump in my classroom, but I have a student teacher again this year, so I had to make something a little more private! 
Logan is eating solid food 3 times a day.  He normally has fruit and a little cereal in the morning.  For lunch he has a fruit and a veggie or yogurt and for dinner he has a meat with a fruit or veggie.  We  still haven't found anything that he doesn't like.  If peas are too thick he gags a little, but I have been mixing them with squash or sweet potato and he eats them right up!  I got my baby food books out to start making some new recipes, since I have used up all of my homemade freezer stash! 
Wearing:  Logan is wearing all 12 month clothes, aside from a few 9 month outfits I am still trying to squeeze him into, since I don't have too many 12 month summer outfits and it is still so dang hot here!   I hope it gets cool here soon, so he can fit into the 12 month outfits I do have that are pants and little zip up jackets.  Baby Jack is getting quite a stack of brand new clothes that Logan never even stepped foot in! 
Sleeping:  Logan is napping every day around 10 and 2 for anywhere from 30 minutes to an 1 1/2 hours.  He is in the bed at night around 7:30 and passes out within minutes, just like his Mama!  He sleeps great from 7:30 until 2:00am, but his little internal alarm clock is set for 2:00am, 4:00am, and 5:30am.  It was okay during the summer, but now that work has started I have to figure out how to get him to sleep through the night.  I know he is just waking up because he is use to it, so I have to figure out where to start.  I hate the idea of "Crying It Out", and I don't know enough about Ferber Method yet.  I think I may call and talk to his doctor to see what she suggests.  I have a feeling she is going to tell me to close the door, unplug the monitor and let him cry.  We'll see....  I'll keep you updated on the progress!
Social Skills:  Logan loves to play peek a boo and belly laughs when Daddy and I do it.  We duck down behind the bed or couch and he jumps and laughs so hard when we pop up!  He smiles ALL the time and is still trying really hard to talk.  He loves to talk when he wakes up in the morning and holds daily conversations with Lilly!  We're not sure what he's saying, but it's probably "Stop barking!" or "You better not lick my face today!" 
Motor Skills:  He's trying to crawl, loves to stand up with help and scoots all over the room.  He's working on the forward scoot, but is a pro at the backwards scoot.  We call him our Little Crawfish!  I give him puffs or yogurt bites at his meals so he can continue working on his pincher grasp.  He gets them so close to his mouth, but usually still needs a little help getting it in.  He loves to turn pages in a book, and feel his textured books.   Bath time pretty much turns into a shower for Mommy with all the splashing he does now! He's turning into quite the busy beaver!

Here are a few other pictures I took today!  (Tried out the black and white setting on the camera!)


Lilly tries to kiss him all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment