.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Lactation Cookies!

Despite how it sounds, these are NOT made with breast milk!  These cookies are my new breast best friend.  I go back to work at the end of next week, and I have been a little worried about keeping my supply up once I go back.  I have been stock piling the freezer just in case I need a little extra!  I always seem to have a little worry in the back of my head that my supply is a little low, but in the words of my doctor, after looking Logan, "Girl, you don't have any supply issues, look at that baby!".  Since coming home from the hospital, I have tried to do EVERYTHING that is suggested to keep your supply up like drinking TONS of water, eating oatmeal for breakfast, etc.  Well, I read about these cookies called "Lactation Cookies", that supposedly help increase your supply.  They have oats, almonds, breawer's yeast, and flaxseed meal, among many other yummy ingredients.  (Basically, they are oatmeal chocolate chip cookies)  It's suggested that you eat 4 a day.  So, of course I have been making these yummy cookies for a few weeks now.  How can you turn down 4 cookies a day in exchange for more milk for the babe? 

Logan was such a big helper while Mommy cooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment