.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 20, 2010

Tales From the Crib....

I decided last weekend that something had to be done about Logan's midnight, 2:00am, and 4:00am snacking.  Not only did he not need the food, his momma was waking up like a zombie most mornings and knew it would be really bad once the alarm clock started dinging at 5:00am.  I really wasn't sure how to begin to fix things, so after some reading, I decided to just not pick him up and not feed him until 5:45am.  I am not a big fan of letting a child just cry it out, but I knew that is probably what it was going to take.  The first night was definitely the worst!  He woke up right on schedule at 1:50 am.  I went in and tried to put his paci in, and walk out.  Of course he spit it right out and the crying became much louder.  I tried back rubbing, butt rubbing, his aquarium, the mobile, more paci, and after 45 excruciating minutes of crying, screaming, and mommy ducking and trying to stay invisible, he FINALLY fell back asleep!  He was so pitiful!  He would push up and lean his head back and look at me with these eyes that just screamed....."Momma, why won't you just pick me up??"  It was so hard to have to watch him cry, but I knew it was what had to be done.  The next few nights went about the same, but it only took 5 or 10 minutes to get him to go back to sleep.  Last night, he went to sleep at 7:00pm and he fussed a little around 3:00am, but after putting the paci in, I had to wake him up at 6:30 to eat!  Hopefully this will keep up and he will go a full night without waking up at all.  I am pretty anxious to get a full night's sleep without any wake ups!  Speaking of sleeping, I guess I should put down the computer and go to sleep while I have the chance!  Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment