.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happy Half a Year!



**Poof!** There! Let's freeze time right now. I'm not sure how much sweeter life can get. I am soaking up every second of time I have with Logan whether it's snuggling and nursing in the bed in the morning, laying on the living room floor playing, watching him splash and sit up in the tub, beg for more food in his high chair, or watching him sleep in baby bliss in his crib. I know we are about to enter a whole new adventure of crawling, talking and walking, but I have to say, I love this time with my baby and although I know I will enjoy watching him make new discoveries, I will miss this time when it's gone.


Dear Logan,

Just a little over 6 months ago, Daddy and I wrote you letters that we have tucked away for you to enjoy years from now. I sat at this same computer to type it, but instead of you sitting in my lap drooling on the keys and trying to type for Mommy, you were neatly packaged inside my tummy!

I want to begin this letter by saying thank you to you. I thank you for being one of the best things I have ever done in life! I feel like I did things right in my past, and feel accomplished with my education and my career, but all that pales in comparison to how I feel about you! I am so proud of who you already are and your little personality that is already shining through. You are such a relaxed and easy going baby. You pretty much go anywhere and do anything! You go to anyone, but you do always look to make sure Mommy is still close by. :) You love to smile and laugh, and can light up a room in less than a second. Our trips to the grocery store always take a few minutes extra because everyone wants to stop and talk to you. You now talk back to people and of course, that makes them talk to you even longer! Somehow, even when I'm in a rush, I never get tired of people telling me how precious you are or what a sweet smile you have.

I also want to thank you for showing me the true meaning of selflessness. Before you were born, everyone kept saying "Enjoy your sleep now" or "Enjoy being able to just run errands or do what you want with your "me time". I knew I would be ready to give those things up, but I didn't realize how easily I would be able to do it. Once you entered my life, sleep didn't matter as much, quick trips to Target or Publix suddenly seemed so unnecessary, and "my time" became "our time". I am now excited to give you all of my time and I look forward to spending the extra money I have on things for you. Before you were born, I loved to shop and would often buy new clothes for work or for fun. I am happy to report I just bought a few new shirts the other day, which is one of the only clothing purchases I have made for myself in the last few months. I seem to have a magnet for the baby section in all the stores I go to now, and I find myself thinking, "Oh, I HAVE to get that for Logan!" Relaxing by the pool reading a book, suddenly doesn't sound like a fun way to spend my afternoon. I would much rather be splashing in the water with you! Thank you for showing me how to feel so fulfilled!

Your Daddy asked me a question the other day, and at first I thought, "Why in the world would he ask me that?" (Let me preface this by saying, I have always talked about wanting children, specifically a boy and a girl. I didn't care whether I had a boy or a girl first, but thinking ignorantly, I figured, I'm a girl so I will relate better to a girl. Daddy asked me if when I found out we were having a boy, if I thought I would feel as connected to you as I do now. My first reaction was, "Why would you ask me a question like that? Of course I knew I would love my baby!" We continued talking and Daddy explained that he loves watching you and I interact each day and the love and bond we have with each other is amazing to him. I now understand why your Daddy asked me this question and I have to admit, I knew I would love you, but honestly, I couldn't even come close to comprehending the connection and bond we have with each other. The love I feel for you is truly amazing and having you in my life has finally shown me the true meaning of love.

I hope one day you read these letters and this blog and realize the reason I spend the time doing this is because the love I have for you is bursting from my lips and my fingers and I want the world to know what a spectacular baby you are! I also don't want to forget a single minute of your life and this is such a great way to keep a record of what you are doing and how you are developing!


I love you so much and I can't wait to continue on this magical ride of life with you!

Love,


Mommy
p.s. Have I told you how much you amaze me?

No comments:

Post a Comment