.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 3, 2010

It's only July 3rd...

It's only July 3rd, but I am so happy to say that July is already looking so much better for us!! Thank God!!

I don't mean to sound like a whiner or a cry baby, but we have had a rough two months, and we are so happy to put that behind us and move on!

It all started on Mother's Day when our sweet dog Sable passed away very suddenly. She was such a great friend and it was so hard to let her go so quickly. Just a few days later, out neighbor was found passed out in his yard and Chris and our other neighbor tried to do CPR, but unfortunately it was too late. If that wasn't enough emotional stress for Chris, we then made the decision to close Chris and Ronnie's store, Pets and Ponds. The decision was not an easy one, but in the end it will be the best thing. The economy has really taken a hit on the store, and unfortunately, so many of the other stores in thr shopping center have been closing down leaving the shopping center a less than desirable place for consumers. This past week was crazy, trying to sell everything and get things moved out of the store. Logan was such a trooper and hung out at the store while we worked our tushies off! Mimi and Pop's were there every step of the way and we don't know what we would do without them. I can't even begin to tell you how grateful we are for everything they have done and do for us.
Add to all of this a ridiculously expensive speeding ticket I got in a construction zone, a huge crack in my windshield, and a nail in my tire. URRGGHHH!

**Side Note: My wallet would like to provide you with this Public Service Announcement: If you are traveling through Coweta County on I-85 and the sign says 50 mph in the construction zone....THEY REALLY MEAN IT! DO NOT SPEED, EVEN IF THE OTHER CARS AROUND YOU ARE GOING JUST AS FAST!!! I can think of 682 other ways to spend my hard earned money!

Then add the frightening thought of Chris now not having a job to all this and you get one emotional Momma. I have always considered myself a positive person, but damn, how much stress can you take before you just fall apart? Luckily, I have a great family support system, who listens to me when I just need to cry and get it all out. (Thanks Dad, Josh, and Melanie!)

Chris has actively been on a job search since the decision of closing the store was made and luckily he has already had a few interviews and as of yesterday a few offers!!

We are spending a few days with Mimi and Pops in Seacrest, Florida to unwind and try to get rid of the stress for just a little while. It is beautiful here and we are loving every second of it. Logan is loving the pool, the breeze and even the ocean! He got to put his feet in the sand yesterday for the first time. We went down to the beach later in the afternoon for a walk, so he didn't get to fully experience it yet. He sure loved looking at the ocean and listening to the waves. Of course, I'll post more about his beach experience soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment