.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Christmas 2014

I can honestly say, Christmas gets better and better every year.  I'm pretty sure being able to witness the magic of Christmas through a child's eyes is like nothing else or anything I can even describe.  I don't know if it's the nostalgia of remembering the years when Santa came to visit us or the beauty of teaching children we can believe in things we don't see or just the overall difference in people during this time of year.  Whatever it is, I don't ever want it to end.  Logan's innocence is so purely captured.  Not only did he "get it" this year with Santa and the elf, but thank goodness for an awesome church, I feel like he began to understand the true meaning of Christmas and the reason we celebrate. 

We had so much fun over the last few weeks and I'm a little sad to see it go again for another year.  Luckily, I wasn't too hesitant to pack up Christmas, knowing that our newest addition will be joining us in just a few short weeks.  I have been busy getting the house organized and ready for Baby Landon's arrival.

Here's a few highlights of our Christmas fun this year.

My silly little shopper helping me on a Target run!

Logan put on the hat and hopped in the boots while I was starting to decorate the house

My mom came over and helped me decorate the house.  By helped, I mean, she did everything and I handed her stuff!  :)  I love the new addition to the Christmas tree.  See Santa's feet diving in the tree. 

This is Logan's favorite ornament.  It came from Mimi and Pop's tree.  He steals it every year.  This year, Mimi got smart and ordered a few extra so he could have one for our tree.  The ornament is a Hallmark ornament from 1986.  Luckily, she was able to find them online.

I love Logan being at my school.  I was able to sneak down to his classroom the day they made gingerbread houses.  He was sneaking some of the candy. 


Pajama Day at school. 

They had a book exchange at their class party.  It was pretty cute! 

He was ripping in to the book he got.  He was disappointed at first because he thought that his wasn't able animals, but luckily it was. 

I asked G.G. for my Great Grandmother's famous shortbread cookie recipe.  I grew up making these cookies with my mom and my nana (G.G.).  I want to start a tradition of making these cookies with Logan to leave for Santa.  He was a big helper.  Didn't you know you cook better when you are almost naked? :)

I got the Christmas cookie cutters out, but Logan insisted on the animal cookie cutters.  He said Santa loves animals because he has reindeer.  Who was I to argue with that logic?  I still snuck in several Christmas shapes.

This is my G.G.'s recipe card. 

We had a really nice lunch with G.G. and Josh, Megan and Mackenzie.  We ate at one of my favorite spots, Cheesecake Factory.  Ever try to take a selfie in the parking lot?  Not easy!

G.G. made Logan a special pillow case for Christmas.  He requested reindeer and G.G. delivered!  He loves it and sleeps on it every night.
 
 
We set out the cookies, chocolate milk, water and carrots, and a goodbye note for Chippey.  (I forgot to get a picture)
 
Logan got in bed at 8:30, but I don't think he feel asleep until about 10:30.  He finally fell asleep and that must have been when Santa came. 
 
Logan was a good boy this year!


Santa left a little something for Landon, too!

I think he was a little excited! 
 
Here are a few videos from that morning
 
 

This video was when Logan opened his amazing Zoo quilt from G.G.  She has been working on this quilt for months.  Logan has been able to get a few sneak peeks while she has been working, but as you can see, he was very excited.  We have to find the perfect spot to hang it up. 
 


This was a really cool map that Santa left Logan that has animals, continent and country names that you stick on with velcro.  He was really into it. 
 
We were so blessed this year and are so thankful for the many amazing things that God provided for us this year, especially our sweet Baby Landon. 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment