.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 9, 2014

12 Weeks

 
 
How far along? 12 weeks

How big is baby? A plump plum!

Total weight gain/loss? Still at starting weight.  (I'm sure this is about to change)

How am I feeling?  I'm  actually feeling pretty good this week.  I was back at work full time for preplanning.  Of course, I'm still tired, but overall feeling good. 

Gym Activity?  I went to Strike this week and kickboxing on Tuesday.  I asked my OB about having to get a heart rate monitor, and she told me that was the old school way of thinking.  She said I can workout normally, but to be sure I can talk through my workout.  If not, I'm working too hard and need to bring my heart rate back down.
 
Maternity Clothes?   I'm still fitting in most of my clothes, plus since most people at work didn't know yet, I didn't want to make it obvious with maternity clothes. 

Stretch Marks? none yet

Sleep?  I haven't been able to nap, but that does mean I'm ready for bed around 9:30.  I'm sleeping well, just waking up several times to go to the bathroom.

Best moment this week?  I had my first OB appointment this week.  We had an ultrasound first and they baby was so big!  We were able to see it's spine, tummy, head, the two hemispheres in it's brain, it's heart (which was beating at 165 bpm), arms, legs, and even it's fingers and toes!  Then I had some blood work done and met with the OB.  She said everything looked great and I could stop the Metformin medication now.  I go back in 4 weeks for my next visit. 

Movement? We could see baby moving all over on the ultrasound.  Still a little too early to feel anything yet.

Food Cravings/Aversions?  I made sloppy joes for Chris the other night and was not able to eat them.  I love waffles for breakfast and have one almost every morning.  Most days I put a little peanut butter on it for some extra protein.  I still can't drink coffee.  It's so strange. 

Gender?   While we were at the OB visit, they told us about a blood test called Harmony.  Harmony is a test that insurance usually doesn't cover and if you pay out of pocket it costs $800.  It tests for Down Syndrome and Trisomies, but it also can tell you the sex of the baby with 99.9% accuracy.  The office is doing a study and you can get the test for $260.  At first, I said no, but as I was sitting there thinking, I decided we would go ahead and do it.  So they took a few vials of blood, shipped it off in a special little package and will call us in about 10 days when the results come in.  We asked that they not tell us over the phone and to put the results in an envelope for us to pick up.  We decided this time, we would find out with our families and do a little something special.  More to come on that. 

Labor signs? Too early

Belly Button? Too early for this, too.

What I miss?  I'm really not missing too much right now.  I'm really happy the baby is doing so well and I'm starting to feel better.

What I'm looking forward to?  Getting the gender results in about 8 more days!!

Milestones/Development: Most of her critical systems are fully formed!  She's about to enter the growth and maturation stage, in which her organs and tissues will grow and develop rapidly.  She's now developing her reflexes -- if you poke her body, she'll likely move.  She's opening and closing her fingers and curling her toes, too.  Her brain is developing fast!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment