.

.

Landon

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Logan's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Love at First Sight!

On June 27th, we were scheduled to come in for our first ultrasound.  I was 6 weeks 2 days, and nervous beyond belief.  My appointment wasn't until 2:15, so I had to keep myself busy all morning.  Chris was able to be off so he could come and I'm so thankful he was there. 
We dropped Logan off with Mimi and Pop and headed down to the office.  We arrived about 30 minutes early, but they went ahead and put us back in the room.  We both sat in silence for quite a while.  I think we were both very anxious.  The last time we did this, we got really disappointing news, that there was no baby growing in my uterus. 
After an agonizing 30 minutes, the doctor finally came in and said some reassuring words.  I can't remember what she said, because all I was thinking was, "Please, just take a look!!  Show me there is a baby in there!".

As soon as she started, I immediately saw the sack and could see that there was in fact a baby inside.  As she steadied the wand, we were able to see the heart fluttering!  It was so beautiful.  She let Chris take a video of the heart fluttering and she measured the baby, heartbeat, and sac size.  Everything looked perfect!  The baby's heart was beating at 127 beats per minute. We were both so relieved!  We know we are not out of the woods yet, but this is such great news.  We go back in 10 days for another ultrasound to check the growth. 

I feel like I can finally breath a little and celebrate the fact that I have a sweet miracle growing inside me!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment